Mother’s Day is almost here!
By: Melody Crist
It’s time to thank Mom for all that she does...and what says “thank you” better than candy!?
We know that Mother’s Day may be a difficult time for some—but this candy bouquet is the perfect way to show your appreciation for any important person in your life, whether that be a mom, an aunt, or a friend who has always been there for you.
It’s a sweet twist on the classic springtime gift. And it’s so easy to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A jar (you can use a mason jar, or simply repurpose one from your recycling bin!)
- Enough small candy to fill the jar—you could use gummies, chocolate covered pretzels, or anything your giftee loves!
- Large candy, such as chocolate bars or other packaged treats
- Wooden skewers or straws
- Tape or glue
- Tissue paper (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Fill your jar with candy. If you don’t want to fill the whole jar, you can place tissue paper at the bottom and add the candy on top.
- Using tape or glue, attach your chocolate bars or other large candy to the skewers/straws.
- Place your treats stick-down into the jar and arrange them like a bouquet of flowers!
- Add the finishing touch—use the ribbon to tie a bow around the jar.
That’s all you need to do to make a beautiful gift that your loved one will cherish! Until they eat it, of course...
And don’t forget to add a card!