By Melody Crist
After a long winter, spring is an exciting time of year...
Flowers are blooming, the weather is getting warmer, and summer is approaching! Now is the perfect time to make someone in your life happy—whether that person is a mom, an aunt, or a friend you just want to thank for being there for you. And what says “thank you” better than candy!?
A candy bouquet is a sweet twist on the classic springtime gift. And it’s so easy to make!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A jar (you can use a mason jar, or simply repurpose one from your recycling bin!)
- Enough small candy to fill the jar—you could use gummies, chocolate covered pretzels, or anything your giftee loves!
- Large candy, such as chocolate bars or other packaged treats
- Wooden skewers or straws
- Tape or glue
- Tissue paper (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Fill your jar with candy. If you don’t want to fill the whole jar, you can place tissue paper at the bottom and add the candy on top.
- Using tape or glue, attach your chocolate bars or other large candy to the skewers/straws.
- Place your treats stick-down into the jar and arrange them like a bouquet of flowers!
- Add the finishing touch—use the ribbon to tie a bow around the jar.
That’s all you need to do to make a beautiful gift that your loved one will cherish! Until they eat it, of course...
And don’t forget to add a card?